Saturday, February 9, 2008

Freezer Fun (Part 3)

Last week Safeway had ground beef on sale for 99 cents a pound. I could not resist such a buy and bought 13 pounds. Monday was my day to prepare it all. The 7 pound package got fried with onion and garlic to add to different recipes including a double batch of my Spaghetti sauce and a batch of Santa Fe soup. The 6 pound package was made into a double batch of Barbecue Meatballs. I ended up with 8 containers each of spaghetti sauce and meatballs, 3 containers of soup (and we had one for dinner) and 9 packages of either 1 or 2 cups of meat to add to other meals.
This week we ate some of the chicken and pork that I had frozen and it was delicious! Dinner is sooo easy these days. I do have to admit that some days I feel like cooking and on those days I guess I will have to find something new to cook. We could get tired of our freezer meals if I do not interject some different things in between.



0 comments: