Monday, September 28, 2009

Exercise

Exercise is a key component to weight loss. In the past couple of years I have found this very difficult as I have been in so much pain with my back. It was all I could do to get through my day and take care of my kids. This summer I finally got the answer to what is wrong with my back and was referred to a great physical therapy clinic that concentrated on active therapy. I basically worked out 30-40 minutes a day. It has made such a huge difference and has motivated me to continue working out on my own. We really can't afford a gym membership and finding the time to go would be a challenge - so I have a great routine that I do at home. I bought a stationary bike as this is the safest way for me to get the cardio I need. I ride it for 15-20 minutes, then I work with a resistance band that my PT gave me. He showed me how I can do almost anything that you would do with weights at a gym with the band. I also do some other exercises that he had me doing that are simple and I am able to do them at home without equipment. After I do that for about 5-10 minutes I do a 1 mile Walk Away the Pounds video. This also has some resistance band exercises with it. That takes me about 15 minutes - so in all my workout takes me about 45 minutes.
I love when I am done and feel good that I have spent some time exercising. I love that I can do it as well and that my back, along with the rest of my body, is getting stronger and healthier!

0 comments: