Sunday, August 24, 2008

Silver Dollar Oat Pancackes

I found this recipe in my new Simple and Delicious (Sept/Oct 2008) It is the third recipe I have made from this particular issue. These little pancakes were not only a little healthier than your average pancake as far as the ingredients but they tasted good as well. I hesitate to make pancakes and other things like this for my kids for breakfast because of the syrup. I am just not sure about loading them up with pure sugar that early in the morning. These little pancakes were actually pretty good without syrup - though the kids did have a little peanut butter and syrup on theirs. If you haven't had your pancakes or french toast with peanut butter and syrup you are missing a treat.
I am kind of rambling here - so on with the recipe:

Silver Dollar Oat Pancakes

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce
2 tablespoons butter, melted

In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a small bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk, applesauce and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Pour batter by 2 tablespoonfuls onot a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. (or not :-) )
Yeild: 4 servings
WW points - 5 pancakes is 4 points

1 comments:

Donna said...

Ruth, this sounds yummy! I'm going to give them a try and I'll let you know how I like them! :)