Monday, November 19, 2007

Chocolate No Bakes

Imagine my surprise when I clicked on my blog and realized I had not added a new recipe for over a week!! We have been going to a parenting class on Monday nights and my sister has been keeping Annalynn. Each week I have made them a dessert for their help with her. When we pull up the discussion at their dinner table turns to what dessert may be. Of course I make enough to take to class as well. Tonight is our last class - so alas, the last Monday night dessert from the Clarks to the Bradleys! I took the easy route tonight and made one of my favorites - Chocolate No Bakes. These wonderful little cookies have many names and variations on the recipe but all turn out about the same.

Chocolate No Bakes

2 cups sugar
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cocoa
4 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup peanut butter

Combine the first four ingredients in a saucepan. Stir until it comes to a rolling boil. Continue stirring for one minute. Remove from heat and add peanut butter and oats. Stir together. Quickly drop by teaspoonful onto wax paper lined cookie sheets. Let cool until they harden.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom called these Fudgies. My kids love them. I only use 3 c. quick oats.