Thursday, November 8, 2007

Couldn't Be Easier Tuna Casserole

For most of our married life I have avoided making tuna casserole as early on I was informed it was not something my husband wished to eat. As he has grown up :-) he has decided that tuna casserole is not so bad after all. I had made my own recipe but recently came across my sister's recipe for this one. I did add peas as it suggests because Annalynn LOVES peas! It was easy and made enough for us to have for two meals. It is one of my favorite comfort foods so glad it is back in our menu list!

Couldn't Be Easier Tuna Casserole

4 cups cooked egg noodles
2 (6 oz.) cans tuna, drained
2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
1 can mushroom soup
1 soup can full of milk

Layer in a 2 quart casserole half the noodles, 1 can tuna and 1 cup cheese; repeat. Mix soup and milk; pour over other ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
You could add green onions, peas, olives, etc. and top off with crushed potato chips.

This could be made in a 9x13 and double the noodles, tuna and soup/milk combo.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing I looked at your blog - I almost posted this one today. Just made it the other day and Jamey's comment was "how come you don't make this more often?" I also added a layer of frozen peas with the first layer of noodles and tuna.