Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spanish Tortilla

I found different versions of this recipe in two different cookbooks. I made the simpler of the two. The cookbook version calls for egg substitute but I don't use that and on the Core program I can eat real eggs :-). It was very good and Annalynn loved it! Here is a link to a similar dinner on my sister's blog - not quite WW legal :-)!

Spanish Tortilla

1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound of Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and finely chopped
1/2 cup of finely chopped onion
1 to 2 teaspoons water (as needed)
8 eggs, beaten or (egg substitute equivalent to 8 eggs)
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and onions, stirring to coat. Cook covered, for 7 to 10 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender, stirring frequently. If potatoes begin to stick or burn, add water.
Pour eggs evenly over potato mixture. Sprinkle with pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until eggs are set.
Cut tortilla into four wedges and serve with salsa (and I used fat free sour cream and avocado as well)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good Ruthie...I've posted a couple of versions of this as well. One I made Sunday night is the fritatta version of this. This one looks easy and very yummy!

Anonymous said...

http://mootiesrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/03/spinach-potato-and-bacon-frittata.html

There's the link to the fritatta. We love the fresh spinach in it!

Anonymous said...

Could you use ham or canadian bacon to make it legal? I'm sure it would be just as tasty! :-)