Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Baked Fall Harvest Soup

I don't remember the exact name of this soup. I copied it off the wall at Weight Watchers last week and made it tonight. It bakes for two hours, so while it baked we walked to Safeway and got a yummy loaf of Asiago Cheese Focaccia bread. I figured since the soup was so low in points and I was walking to the store for the bread I could afford to eat a little. I put this all in my Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker (host a party in November and get it for 60% off - I do catalog shows too!) and baked it for 2 hours. When we got home it smelled so yummy. Troy would have liked it with a little meat and you could easily add some chicken or lean beef but I don't think it needs anything else.

1/2 cup split peas
1/2 cup lentils
5 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup carrot, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1 cup red pepper, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
1 bay leaf
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp pepper

Put all ingredients in covered casserole and bake at 350 for 2 hours.
1 1/2 cups is 1 point

I used a mix I had bought in a bulk section awhile back. It had split peas, lentils, and little veggie pasta abc's. I pulled them out of the cupboard by accident but decided to use them. I also added a little salt and some fresh pressed garlic. I did not have a bay leaf so did not put that in.
Everyone at my house loved it and had seconds.

0 comments: