Friday, October 3, 2008

Coffee Cake

Wow, two days in a row - must be a record.
This has been my standby Coffee Cake recipe for many years. Recently I made a couple of them for a retreat I did not get to go on :-( . Everyone came back raving about them so I decided I should post the recipe.
I made them on Thursday and they did not eat them until Sunday morning - so maybe it gets better with age :-)

Cake
1 Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
1 3 0z instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup sour cream

Topping
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup nut (optional)

Beat together the cake ingredients in a mixing bowl. Pour half the batter in a greased bundt pan. Mix topping ingredients in a separate bowl and sprinkle over the first half of the cake batter. Add the rest of the cake batter.
Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.

I always add a little more topping ingredients than the recipe calls for - makes it yummier!

1 comments:

Redmom2005 said...

This recipe gets a "two thumbs up" from my family! It is GREAT! I agree...next time I will add more topping ingredients, but it was STILL delicious (and easy)!!
:)
Erin