Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pumpkin Gingerbread - ***Updated***

Tonight I am making Pumpkin Gingerbread - you can find the recipe here. It is a great fall recipe and I love to make it to give to people over the next couple of months. I am making some tonight because the kids have a friend coming over for a playdate tomorrow. I will make small loaves and freeze some for gifts throughout the season. It smells so yummy when it is baking and tastes so yummy when it is done. I may experiment with it a little this fall and see if I can make it with a little less oil and sugar - but for tonight it is the full blown version :-)
****UPDATE****
I made this again with 1/2 the oil and replaced the other half with applesauce. They turned out just fine - maybe a tad bit denser than the original, but yummy just the same. I also took my sister's suggestion (in the comments) and added a cup of chocolate chips. Yummy!!!!! Troy really liked the new version - so will probably become standard fare at our house! Thanks for the ideas, Marian!

My two little Pumpkins!

Pumpkin Bread - one of last years batches

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should try it with substituting applesauce for some of the fat. I may make it that way and will let you know. Wildtree has a really good mix...yummy! Add chocolate chips for a treat!