Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Easy Stuffed Chicken for a Crowd

Several years ago I discovered this recipe and it is my standby for a good company meal or a dish for a large gathering. I have made it for anywhere from 4 to 60 people. It is so easy but gets rave reviews whenever I fix it.

Easy Stuffed Chicken for a Crowd

1/2 skinless, boned chicken breast per guest
Stove Top dressing, prepared according to pkg. directions. 1 package will do about 12 chicken breasts.
Cream of chicken soup (about 2 cans per 12 chicken breasts)
Paparika
Sesame seeds (optional)
Fresh Parsley, chopped fine

Place chicken breast on cutting board with membrane side down (one side will be smooth and have an almost invisible membrane). Pound chicken with meat mallet until it is about double in size. Place 2 tablespoons of dressing on ckicken breast. Fold edges toward middle over dressing. Chicken will be very sticky after it has been pounded and should stick together easily.

Place chicken, seam down, in 13x9 inch baking dish and repeat with remaining chicken. After dish is full, pour 2 cans of cream of chicken soup over chicken. Sprinkle with paparika and sesame seeds. Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour. Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve immediately.

I have made these a couple of times for "potluck" type dinners where I knew there would be other meat dishes. After stuffing and rolling the chicken I cut them in half so the portions were not to large.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum - can we fix this when you come down? I've never tried it but I know the boys would love it.